Terms and Conditions for homestayfriend Ltd
Please read the following terms & conditions for homestayfriend. By reading this you accept all terms & conditions stated here. If you do not agree then you must not use the website.
We reserve the right to update and amend these terms & conditions at any time. When changes are made we will reflect this on the site and endeavor to inform you. It is your responsibility to read the new terms & conditions regularly.
homestayfriend operates the website homestayfriend.com and other domains, which lead the user to this website and its sub domains. By using the website, private and commercial third parties (guests) can book accommodation with a service provider (hosts). Hosts trade on their own behalf.
All services provided by homestayfriend.com are provided “as is”. This means that homestayfriend assumes no responsibility for the timeliness of communications, the mis-delivery of information, the availability of the service, or the misconduct of any of its members.
homestayfriend acts as an intermediary for the services provided. homestayfriend is not a party included in the agreement between the guest and the service provider and has no responsibility or liability to the user (whether the user is a guest or a service provider) in respect of the terms of the contract.
homestayfriend assumes no responsibility for the content of any of the data held by homestayfriend. Members are responsible for ensuring that the information that is entered does not breach any copyright, intellectual property, obscenity or other laws relating to the written word in printed or electronic form.
Before a user can book a service through the homestayfriend website, it is mandatory that the user reads and agrees to the terms and conditions, becoming legally bound by ticking the check box when registering as a guest.
Before a service provider can offer accommodation through the homestayfriend website, it is mandatory that the user reads and agrees to the terms and conditions, becoming legally bound by ticking the check box when registering as a host.
Fees and refunds
homestayfriend offers free registration for guests and hosts. When a guest makes a booking using homestayfriend a 15% booking fee is taken from the guest to secure the booking. This fee is retained by homestayfriend. The fee is non refundable. The guest agrees in the case of a successful placement to pay the balance of 85% of the total accommodation directly to the host.
Any bookings cancelled after the 15% deposit is secured will be refunded up to 48 hours (2 days) prior to arrival. Where cancellations are made 48 hours before a scheduled arrival, the 15% deposit is non-refundable. The deposit is kept as a cancellation fee.
homestayfriend reserves the right to change the fees charged or introduce fees for any of the services at any time. If we introduce a new service, the fees for that service are effective at the launch of the service, unless otherwise stated.
Once a booking has expired, any extension to that booking, not paid via Homestayfriend, is a private transaction between guest and host. Homestayfriend has no involvement or liability in this matter.
Your obligations as a user of homestayfriend:
- You will provide complete and accurate personal information when registering to use the website.
- You shall not attempt to damage or harm the homestayfriend website or services.
- You shall not enter obscene or objectionable material on the homestayfriend website. This includes messages, images, the information in your profile or any other form of information that can be entered on the website. homestayfriend will be the sole judge of what is considered obscene or objectionable.
- homestayfriend shall not be used by its members to advertise or promote products or services. homestayfriend may remove the member from, and deny access to the website.
- Users cannot exchange personal contact details with a host or guest until after a booking is confirmed.
- Users must be over 18 years old to register with homestayfriend.
- Homestayfriend reserves the right to remove a host’s profile and any other information entered by users. homestayfriend takes no responsibility for any lack of system availability, and no responsibility is assumed for the corruption of any of the data held homestayfriend.
Provision to guests
By accepting these terms and conditions, hosts agree to supply their guests with the following:
- A private bedroom
- This should include a bed, bedding and bed linen and either a cupboard or drawers for storage.
- Access to bathroom facilities
- All guests must have access to a shared or private bathroom with toilet and washing facilities.
- Access to kitchen facilities
- Guests must have access to a kitchen and use of cooking facilities, crockery and kitchen utencils.
- Guests should be given a key to the household.
These facilities are mandatory and without them a host cannot register with homestayfriend.
homestayfriend also gives hosts the opportunity to provide meals to guests during the registration process. The cost of meals is not included in the booking or deposit and must be agreed with the guest after the booking is confirmed.
homestayfriend informs the host about a guest’s booking via e-mail. Hosts first receive a booking request and are responsible for accepting or declining that request within 48 hours of the request being made. After this, the guest receives from homestayfriend a booking confirmation via e-mail on behalf of the host. Within the e-mails, each contracting party receives the contact data of the other party from homestayfriend. The individual contract conditions between service provider and guest are effective in the respective legal context.
Where a booking request is made within 48 hours of arrival, homestayfriend can not guarantee that a host will respond or be able to accommodate. Guests are advised to email or call homestayfriend directly where an urgent accommodation request is made so that staff can deal with the request directly. This service is available during working hours (Monday – Friday 9am to 530pm).
homestayfriend will not make your email address and other information available to any third party. A host’s email address, password, address and phone number are not shown on the host’s profile page.
homestayfriend does not store your credit card details at any stage. All payments are made using a secure ‘Paypal’ site.
Homestayfriend collects and uses your information to operate this website and deliver the services you have requested. By visiting homestayfriend and providing homestayfriend with personal information you are accepting and consenting to homestayfriend using your information to inform you of other products or services available from homestayfriend and its affiliates. homestayfriend may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
homestayfriend reserves the right to translate any collected data (interests of guests and service providers, service scope, etc.) into the languages in which homestayfriend is available.
You expressly understand and agree that:
- Your use of homestayfriend is at your sole risk. homestayfriend expressly disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, any warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
- homestayfriend makes no warranty that
- the services provided will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error free,
- that the information provided on the site is error-free or reliable,
- the quality of the products or services obtained through homestayfriend will meet your requirements.
- No advice or information that is obtained by you from homestayfriend or otherwise shall create any warranty not expressly stated in the terms and conditions.
Limitation of liability
You agree that you are at your own risk when using the homestayfriend website. We are not liable to any party in contract, or negligence for damage, claim, loss, costs or expenses, specifically for:
- Any special loss
- Any loss of revenue, profits, business or contracts
- Any loss of data
- Any loss of reputation
You expressly understand and agree that:
- homestayfriend shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profit, goodwill, use, data, or other intangible losses that result from the service, or the inability to access the service.
- homestayfriend shall not be liable for any loss, damage or misadventure you may suffer in the host family house, or elsewhere.
- homestayfriend shall not be liable for the cost of procurement of substitute goods or services resulting from services provided by homestayfriend.com.
- homestayfriend shall not be liable for the conduct or statements of other third parties to the service.
- homestayfriend is not responsible for the guest or host family actions. homestayfriend only role is to introduce the guests and hosts to each other, however, after this juncture, homestayfriend is no longer responsible.
Our website may contain links to other sites – we are not responsible for the content on these sites.
These terms and conditions and any contract to be entered into pursuant to them are governed by the laws of Scotland.